KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Love Peas

If you know me...you know I HATE peas....but today I love them because my pregnancy book told me that my new baby is the size of a pea today! And just incase you want to know, the amniotic sac is a little bigger than a grape :). Yes, I AM one of those girls who compares fruit, veggies and any other food or object to the size of my growing baby. I don't care if you think it's annoying, I love it. I LOVE reading everyday about what folds of tissue are forming or chest and abdominal cavities forming or if he/she is the size of a grapefruit! I am using the same pregnancy journal that I used during my pregnancy with Kohen. I'm using a different color ink and writing below my old notes. It's nice to be able to compare this pregnancy with my last one. By this time last pregnancy, I had already made a trip to the hospital for an ultrasound for extreme cramping... I'm happy I haven't experienced that this time (knock on wood...). So anyway, my baby is the size of a pea today :)


My other sweet pea has been very busy. He was a Daddy's boy this weekend! I have to admit, it was nice that Kohen let Jason "help" him with things instead of only wanting me. Kohen was so sweet to his Daddy. He gave him hugs constantly for no reason at all, sat in his lap and watched tv or played video games (no, not shooter games...) and played his little heart out with his Daddy. Kohen has even started calling Jason "Daddy" instead of "Da Da". It's so sweet! But my favorite thing that happened this weekend is out of the blue Kohen has started saying, "Jaaaa-suuun". I guess he hears me say "Jason" a lot! LOL and he even says it with the THICKEST southern accent! (Guess he got that from his momma too!). We laugh so hard when he says it...



On another subject.... when we first got our ipads we were both very protective of them and I barely let Kohen touch mine at all. (I think it might have been because the first time he used it he colored with red crayon all over the screen)... anyway.... it's been awhile and Kohen has played with it lots since then. I think I have more apps downloaded for him than for me. I am amazed, now, at how well he can navigate it. I don't have to do anything, I just hand it to him and he'll take it to the coffee table or bar stool and play away! He'll go from app to app playing whatever he pleases! I wanted to get some video of him playing with it.... it's not the best video but maybe you can see how much he loves it. (Plus, I think it's great for fine motor skills!)




1 comment:

The Bost Family said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am not nesting just clearing out the house! After taking all the Christmas down in the house I realized how good that felt and started spring cleaning!
Again, I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of Kohen's new room, the nursery and the gym room that you have put all the guest room stuff in!