KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Happy 4th of July!!! This 4th was different from the past. Jason and I usually watch the huge fireworks show at Centennial Valley Country Club. But this year we have Kohen with us!!! We decided to do our own fireworks at our house. For the first time I was the parent buying fireworks for my kid- and now I know why we never had a ton of fireworks on the 4th when I was growing up- they are EXPENSIVE!!! I was the one to pick out and buy the fireworks while Jason stayed with Kohen in the car. I thought I was doing such a good job of just buying a few. I made sure they weren't Black Cat or anything too loud. We got sparklers, the chicken, smoke bombs, a few different types of fountains, and of course a parachute (this one was BC). The parachute was my favorite. Jason was holding Kohen so I was the one running around like crazy trying to catch it! I was amazed by this parachute...it had a big red canopy with an American flag and two more yellow flags attached to it. Very cool :)
Kohen didn't really seem to love or hate the fireworks. He just wondered why his parents were holding sticks that were on fire... It was a little rainy, not too hot, it was a perfect 4th of July with my little family of 3.


1 comment:

Delta Bost said...

I love it! I love Kohen's face in the last picture... he is like "Daddy, why are you about to catch my shirt on fire?" I miss you guys so much!