KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Monday, August 9, 2010

Tulsa Trip take 4

On Thursday we headed to Tulsa...again (4th time to Tulsa this year!). I had my FINAL (I think, unless they make me come back at 1 year) post-op appointment with my surgeon who did my breast reduction. We decided to turn it into a weekend getaway!

On Friday afternoon we headed to Big Splash Water Park. Kohen has never been to a water park so I was interested to see what he would think... especially since he could care less about his own pool.
He LOVED it! This kiddie area was really big and not very deep, so he enjoyed his "freedom"...






Since he loved the kiddie pool, we thought we would venture out and see how he would like the wave pool. Again, he loved that too. He thought the waves were hilarious.


We did, however, have a scare...
After the wave pool, we went to the lazy river. We got two tubes and headed into the river. I went first, with Kohen. Jason was a little behind us. This "lazy" river wasn't quite so lazy... the place you enter the river is also the end of a ride. SO, there is definitely a strong, turbulent, current. Kohen didn't care for the tube. I tried everything to make him happy, but he wasn't having it. So, I thought I would get out and try to swim/walk the river with him. There's no easy way getting out of a tube while holding a baby. I tried to slide off the front but the tube SOMEHOW flipped backwards completely. It was like it was in slow motion. I don't know how we gained so much momentum while flipping backwards but we/I SLAMMED into the bottom of the river, hitting my whole right side against the concrete. I suddenly realized "WHERE IS KOHEN". He wasn't in my arms anymore. *Sheer panic.* As I was coming up to the surface I just knew I would see Jason holding Kohen. Nope, I was wrong. I was above water just long enough to hear Jason say "WHERE IS HE????!!!!".
I immediately dove back down....


I could see a blur of orange.


It was his swim shirt.



I grabbed him and held him above my head so he would surface first. Jason grabbed him. It seemed like it took FOREVER for him to take his first breath.

He coughed and cried and reached for his momma. I held him and we got out of the "lazy" river.

After this incident, Jason and I were both very shaken. Kohen was fine. He was laughing and pointing to the people coming down the slide.
We went back to the Kiddie pool... The rest of the day, we were so stressed. We swore to each other that Kohen would NEVER go to a water park without his parents.

We actually did have a very good time at the water park. Kohen loved it and I am glad that we went.
We were also glad to leave....


Back at the hotel....
Kohen brought ALL of his trains.
Give this boy a "flat surface" and something with wheels, and he's good to go :)


Poor baby had ZERO naps while we were away. The only time he had time to sleep was in between destinations...


We couldn't pass up the chance to "Eat, Drink, Play" at one of our favorite places, Dave n' Busters. Kohen has been to the KC DnB's several times. This was all of our first time to go to the one in Tulsa.

It's become tradition that Kohen chooses the brief case numbers for the game "Deal or No Deal"...


These next few pictures make me laugh so hard. I couldn't choose just a few...so I put them all on here...









On Saturday we went to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum! Jason and I both share a love for planes. My love of planes comes from my grandad and my dad and Jason's comes from his dad and his brother. We're hoping to pass our respect for aviation down to Kohen.




By the way...We did not plan the whole Green shirt, khaki shorts outfits... I dressed Kohen while Jason got dressed in the other room. It was pretty funny when Jason came in the room to discover they had on the same outfit! LOL!









F-14 Tomcat



My little astronaut...





Later that afternoon, we headed to the River Walk....

Kohen and I were behind the waterfall and he thought it would be a good idea to get his train wet...


oops....he's a little worried about his train...


Kohen loved wearing Daddy's sunglasses...



And here he is taking a close look at his train through his sunglasses...


One of Jason's favorite things in Tulsa was the "Magnolia" Best Buy! He's always wanted to go to one! (I think there is one in NW Arkansas, but we've never been to that one)



While we were waiting for a table at a restaurant, I picked up a magazine and flipped through it. I was surprised and happy to see this add...
The doctor on the left is the one who did my reduction surgery! Tulsa Surgical Arts was awarded the "Best of the Best" in Oklahoma!



After a trip to the mall and lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, we headed home...
We had a very nice trip. It was good to get away for the weekend!


This is one little boy who is very happy to be home!


Business as usual!!!
Thomas made it home safe and sound...
and so did all of his friends....

No comments: