Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When it rains, it pours

We just can't catch a break around here.  It's been a terrible week.  It started with both kids getting sick.  We made a doctor appointment for both of them.  They tested Saylor for RSV and of course, it came back positive.  He said we would assume Kohen had the same thing.  Saylor also had an ear infection.     

So we left with antibiotics and Albuterol for both kids.
They were both just pitiful.  We felt so sorry for them :(

On Saturday I went to one of my friends birthday parties.  It was for the whole family but Jason had to stay home with our kids since they were still sick.  We didn't want to get the other kids sick.  

Well, at the party, I got the bright idea to go jump on the trampoline with about 8 of the kids.  We were taking turns doing a "trick" and then we would go around the circle and each "kid" (including me) would have to do it.  So, when it was my turn I thought I would show out a little... I decided to do a back flip as my trick.  I knew I had limited space because the kids were sitting around the perimeter of the trampoline.  (I wasn't worried about messing the flip up because I have done it several times on our trampoline recently).  I guess the thought of landing on someone entered my mind during the flip and I undercut extremely.  I landed on my face.  I think I even caught a spring.  My first thought was "oh my gosh, I just made a complete fool out of myself in front of all these kids".  Then I realized I was bleeding.  I wasn't in pain, yet.  I quickly got up and started looking for the zipper to get out of the fenced trampoline.  I remember hearing Audrey and Chloe say "Ms. Stephanie! Are you ok???!".  I said "How do I get out?".  They guided me to the zipper and I was finally out.  I was bleeding so much I knew Sherri would kill me if I went in her house.  Plus by this time I was starting to feel a little light headed.  I sat down in the grass surrounded by all the poor kids just looking at me.  The girls were being so sweet and were really trying to help me.  I just kept saying "it's ok, I'm fine!".  I told Audrey and Chloe to go get their moms. 

 Next thing I knew, I was in the bathroom with a washcloth and ice on my nose.  Tori said "Stephanie, I think it's broken".  I was in disbelief.  No way was it broken!  It didn't hurt bad enough! 

Tori, Rick and their kids drove me home.  They came in for about an hour and we were going back and forth on wether I should go to the ER or not.  It had now been a couple of hours and I was still bleeding. We decided that yes, we needed to go to the ER.  Rick walked into our garage first and quickly came back in to get Jason.  We walked out and saw that the passenger side window of our Escalade was busted with a golf club.  Glass was everywhere.  Rick went to his vehicle and saw that his keys and phone were stolen.  Jason called 911.  

Meanwhile, I realized that my purse was in the escalade and now it was gone.  My drivers license, debit cards, credit cards and about $300 cash were all gone.  I had to tell the cop everything I was missing while bleeding like a stuck hog.  After we gave our statement, we left for the ER.   

Here is a picture of my face while we were in the ER.  They immediately took me for a CT.  By this time I was starting to hurt BAD.  The nurse said my adrenaline had finally run out and I was starting to feel the pain.  The results came back from the CT and yes, my nose was broken.  They gave me some injections for my pain.  We didn't get home until about 5am from the ER.  Thank you Tori for staying with my babies while we were gone. 

My face the next day...

and my face the day after that...absolutely horrible.  I could barely see this day.

I went to the doctor and he looked at my CT scans...  My nose is broken in 3 spots.  I go back to the doctor again tomorrow and I will have surgery on Monday.  

We've been in contact with the police about my purse and our vehicle.  Turns out, there were about 8 break ins in our neighborhood that night...  We do have some leads... hopefully we will get to the bottom of it soon.  But for now, I can't go anywhere because of what my face looks like, can't drive my vehicle because there is still glass everywhere and I can't shop online because all my cards and money were stolen!  Like I said.... When it rains, it pours.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Brandi said...

Oh my, you poor thing!!! I'll definitely be praying for your family over the next few days!!!! I feel so bad for you!!!!!!!!

The Cowart Family said...

Bless your heart; I hope and pray you heal quickly!