KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 2 into 2013

January 2, 2013
We've been working closely with a design team to redecorate our house.  They are a pretty popular pair;  Smith & Hobbs Interiors.  We came to know Barry Smith & Julie Hobbs about a year ago when they decorated my BFF/neighbors house.  Julie & Barry have been to my house countless number of times over the past 4 months.  I think I've spent more time with them than my husband!  They have completely redone our living room, dining room, office, master bedroom, master bathroom and guest bathroom.

Well... we found out last night that Julie found Barry at his house yesterday morning and he had passed away from a heart attack.  I am in complete shock and I am so devastated for Julie & Barry's family.  I can't believe this man who I grew to love, and we openly told each other how much, is now gone.  Julie always called him her daytime husband.  To me, he was my real life Tim Gunn...  If you remember about my post when I went to see Tim Gunn and called it "a dream come true", then you know by me comparing Barry to Tim, he HAS to be amazing.  My poor kids know Barry & Julie so well too.  No matter if it was helping me get my kids out of the car or taking care of Kohen's needs while they held Saylor, it didn't matter... they were not people "working" here, they were here almost as therapy...I don't know that they even knew how much their presence was appreciated and the talks about my Dad didn't go unnoticed.  They would incorporate a bird wherever possible because they knew of my connection with my Dad through birds (yes, that sounds crazy).  Barry was here two weeks ago.  I saw him hang his last painting in my house.  I cry every time I see it now.  Everywhere I look in my house is a reminder of him.  Everything from the paintings on the walls, to the rugs I walk on, to the pillows I lay my head down on at night.  Barry is everywhere.  And he wasn't finished!!!  We were SO looking forward to working with him and Julie in the complete remodeling of Jason's dental office and also our kitchen at home.  Julie of course will still do the job but there will be a major void while she works.  I love you so much sweet Barry.  Thank you for making my house so warm and inviting.  You and Julie made my home feel happy again.  Jason and I will miss you so much.

I will be attending my 3rd funeral in 8 months on Sunday.  I'm leaving the funeral to go directly to a brand new 13 week session of GriefShare.
          

No comments: