KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Losing Control

A few days ago I let Kohen hold his own spoon and feed himself. He just held the spoon with his left hand and used his right hand to pick up the food and shove it in his mouth. For those of you who know me, you know that I don't like a mess... which is pretty strange considering I was an elementary art teacher. Kohen has been the best baby as far as not trying to grab the spoon when I feed him or making a mess during eating time. So he was very confused when he got to get messy!

We're still working on the sippy cup....He hasn't figured it out yet. He just likes to chew on the bottom of it. Luckily for me, it's spill proof :)

Ok, so at about this point I was beginning to freak out a little about the mess...

OMG... It's all over him... seriously, I can't take it...

He went straight to the tub after this. I've only let him "feed" himself once since this. He figured out how to pick his bowl up and turn it over... that's when I decided I was going to go back to feeding him myself! I know, I'm a horrible mom. I realize that he IS a baby, I also realize that he is a BOY, I realize he WILL get messy and this is just the tip of the ice burg, BUT for now... my baby boy will remain clean and tidy with clean hands and a clean face :)