KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kohen's 1st Birthday Party

I have been dreaming (literally) of the perfect 1st Birthday party for Kohen. The perfect decorations, the perfect food, the perfect cake, the perfect baby. Well 2 out of 3 is what I got.... The two things I had complete control over (the food and decorations) turned out perfect. Just as I had planned. The other two...the cake and the baby were a different story. First of all, the cake... I don't even want to go into it right now so let me just say, it's not what I ordered. When I went to pick it up, I ended up leaving without it for the mean lady to fix. And last but not least, the baby.... oh my. Kohen was SOOOOO fussy. My sweet little baby was great the first hour. But when it was time to open gifts and eat cake, he was horrible! As the 30 guests sat and watched, my out of control baby didn't care anything about what these people had given him. I know he's only 1, but this is not how I pictured the day going! We gave Kohen his smash cake (which again, was not what I ordered). All the pictures I had dreamed of taking as my 1 year old smashed and smudged cake all over his face didn't happen. He simply took ONE candy corn from the cake and ate it, and that was it. The worst part about it is I KNOW it was MY fault. All these months I have trained him to be a clean eater. Don't get messy. I've even blogged about how obsessed I was about him not getting messy. So why should he change on his birthday with a two tier smash cake in front of him??? I tried to take his hand and put it in the cake...he would just cry. All he wanted was that one candy corn.
Overall, it was a good party. After we gave Kohen his little car, he was great!

Here are some pics from the party











I watched a YouTube video on how to decorate cookies, I think they turned out pretty good!















The Birthday Boy with Poppy and Poppa


Kristin and Baby Asa


Kohen and Poppa


Shelley and Maddie



My little Crabby Baby





Two of my favorite men in my life! My FIL and my Dad :)


Steve and Baby Phen


Kohen loved playing in the ice



Sydney, Samantha and Kohen


Daddy and Kohen



AnnaGrace


Christian


AnnaGrace, Kohen and Sydney


Sydney S., Lauren, AnnaGrace, Kohen and Sydney E.


Sydney S, Phen, Britni, Samantha S, Lauren, Max, Maddie, Christian, AnnaGrace and Kohen

Kohen and Angie



Julianne and Julie














Some of Kohen's gifts:






We haven't finished painting Kohen's new toy chest... It's still in the garage :)

No comments: