KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Monday, November 2, 2009

Emergency Room

All of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the potted plant come crashing down on my baby. It was like it was in slow motion. Kohen had somehow pulled this plant on top of him and he was pinned between it and the concrete floor. Jason jumped up and grabbed Kohen. I SCREAMED "His HEAD, His HEAD- Let's GO!!!!!!" Kohen had a huge, blue hematoma on his forehead. We were in the car with the flashers on within a minute. We FLEW to the hospital. Luckily it's only about 3 miles from our house. We were speeding and passing cars like crazy. I rode in the back with Kohen, trying to put an ice pack on his forehead. Jason called Christie (my aunt) to see if she knew who might be on duty in the ER. Christie called the hospital and sure enough, we got bumped to the front of the line. The waiting room was FULL, but thanks to Christie's phone call we were in in no time. The nurses were very nice and told us we did the right thing to bring him in. We told them that we were not over protective parents, that Kohen seems to always have a bruise on his head, but NOTHING like this huge knot! Dr. Hudson came in and checked the dilation of his eyes and checked to see if he had blood behind the ear drum. Both were fine, thank you Lord! Since Kohen had not thrown up, that was a good indication that his brain was not swelling. The doctor told us to monitor his behavior to see if anything changed. We also have to wake him up at 1:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m.
Here is a picture of the plant/plant stand that fell on him:

Seriously, this picture does not do the knot justice! We should have taken a side view picture! It looks flush in this picture, but it's not! He also has a big knot between his eyes (don't know if you can tell from this pic).



3 comments:

Mitzi said...

Bless your hearts!! So Scary! Ok, now type up that "Everything is still ok" post!

The Bells said...

I am SOOO sorry!

Who cried harder--You or Kohen?!

That poor baby! I know what you mean about always having a bruise...Zane keeps one or two on his head because he's always pulling up on something and falling.

I just wanna give him (and you) a big ole hug!

Evelyn said...

Oh My!!! I hope Kohen is doing better! I can't imagine your fear...I would have been scared to death!!!!!! Hugs to Kohen and his Momma!