KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Duggars!!!

Shelley, Kristin, Asa, Kohen and I went to the LR Zoo today. When we were buying our tickets Shelley turned to the man behind her and said "Hey!" He said hello back. She knew he looked familiar and thought he went to her church... Then she saw ALL of the kids standing behind him! Then it hit her... "He's familiar because he's on TV! It's JIM BOB DUGGAR and the Duggar KIDS!!!
I was in the gift shop when all this went down. I came out and Kristin told me the Duggars were there! I saw the camera crew and all the kids. I couldn't believe it!!! I told them that I watched an episode of "19 Kids and Counting" right before I went to bed last night! I never in a million years would have guessed I would SEE them the following day!


This is a picture I found on the internet from the TLC hit show "19 Kids and Counting"


The next few pictures are the ones I took of the Duggars and the camera crew at the zoo today...




We followed them (it felt like) all day off and on. We kept hoping to get a chance to talk to them. About 3 hours into the day we ran into them again. Jim Bob went up to Kristin and asked her if she worked at Children's Hospital. She told him yes, that she is one of the ones who helps take care of Josie. I took this as an opportunity to talk to Jim Bob :) I don't know what came over me! My mouth just kept talking! I didn't really think before I spoke, I just kept rambling to him about the episode I had watched just the night before. He said Josie was doing well. I told him hopefully she would be home in time for Mother's Day. He agreed that that would be great. Anyway, in the middle of all my rambling, I did ask if we could take a picture with him! He was VERY kind and said yes!
Here we are!!!!
Yes, I look like an excited dork.
Jim Bob introduced his daughter he was holding... he said "This is Jordyn" and I said "yeah, we know!" LOL!

I guess I should also post some pics of OUR kids!







What a fun day!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

That's hilarious! I can't help but love that show, too!

The Pitts Family said...

that is so funny! they live like 2 miles from our house, and I have never run into them!

Delta Bost said...

Stephanie- you are such a dork!! I miss you!

Carozza Family said...

Steph, you are cracking me up. I can just see you going up to Bob for a picture. Great story!