KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Friday, April 9, 2010

She's so cute

"What's her name?" "Ohhh, look at her curls!", "What a pretty little girl!".
Ugh... It's about that time. Time for a haircut...
When Max was a little toddler, he was constantly referred to as a girl. I told Shelley all the time to CUT HIS HAIR!!!!!!! She always said no. I don't know how old Max was when he finally got a haircut. I vowed that if I ever had a boy, then I would NEVER let his hair get as long and curly to where people didn't know if he was a boy or girl. Well, that time is NOW! I planned to stay true to what I promised myself , BUT I can't. There is something standing in my way.... and that something is Jason. :)

3 comments:

onecraftalicousmomma said...

I have to say that i agree with you, when a boys hair gets so long people cant tell whether or not its a boy or a girl...they need a haircut...My aunts little boy has long hair too...hes got the dennis the menace look going on...and its getting longer and longer all the time...the bad part is, he and his older brother decided to cut it themselves....it is so chopped up, and she still wouldnt go get his haircut to fix the gaps....ugh...sometimes i wonder if they do that because they dont deep down wish he had been a girl...

Melanie said...

Oh, leave the curls! I love them! They will never be the same! I wish my children would have some curls. They are so sweet!

Unknown said...

18 months...that's how old max was when we cut it. be sure your ready bc it instantly changes them from baby to "big boy"...my reason for keeping them NOT bc deep down i wanted him to be a girl:) btw i would love to start keeping a record of all the "horrible" parenting things that i did that you said you'd "never" do and see where we are with that...