KOHEN PRYOR SMITH

Friday, April 2, 2010

Our Backyard

The next two posts should have been all wrapped into one. Some of the pictures are out of place, but the important thing is I'm feeling better and I'm finally back to blogging! The post after this one talks about our screened-in porch, but I have the pictures that should have gone with that post below... so keep reading to hear about the porch! Anyway, here is my sweet baby enjoying his new play area :)

Kohen has started this new thing. Whenever we are around people he feels the need to slap his hand on his head and kind of make a "whoa" sound...???....I don't know why he does this...



and again...the hand on the head thing.... I don't get it....

Kohen, I'm sure, has wondered why we don't ever take him "outside". It's just been crazy weather lately, then I had surgery, and at the end of the day, we're just exhausted and can't find the energy to chase a 17 month old around this "hazard" filled backyard (ie. pool, stairs, fire pit...)!!! But yesterday was so beautiful and Jason and I had such a great time watching Kohen play outside. He did great with the stairs and was pretty good around the pool.



Ok, this is one of the pictures out of place.... This is our new palm tree... read more about it in the next post...






Our backyard is starting to look so beautiful with all the pretty flowers and landscaping!

We're waiting on the azalea's to bloom around the pool....


There are still lots of things in these flower beds that haven't bloomed yet...hurry up Spring/Summer!



Kohen loves anything with wheels :)



Kohen was so excited to get to run free around the yard


Kohen hated it when his Daddy stopped him to tie his shoes :)



And he's off again...


I am completely obsessed with planting flowers in pots now... I can't stop...


Sasha, I thought about you when I saw these flowers, so I had to buy them, GO K-STATE!


Kohen, still running around...


Helping Daddy fill the bird feeder...








Do you see the little bird on the feeder???

Kohen decided to try the mulch out to see how it tastes....


So this is basically a picture of our nightmare....Kohen running straight for the pool... luckily we were close enough to catch him...


Helping Daddy...




Kohen was too busy watching the cleaning machine thing in the pool


You're silly Daddy, get me out of this pot!










The next few pictures are a play by play of Kohen "walking" down the steps...


















I realize most of these pictures are of the backside of Kohen.... believe me, I tried my best to get him from the front!!!








Don't forget to keep reading the next posts! Click on "Older Posts" to read and see more pics!

2 comments:

Sasha said...

I love your K-State flowers! I can't wait until I'm basking in the sun by your pool this summer!

Melanie said...

That looks like so much fun outside! We will be there this summer to swim and play. Caroline would have a ball swimming with Kohen. And I really need some sun. I can't wait. Lat year I was so sad that we didn't have a pool to use after Christie moved!